Scripture Reading – Exodus 14:10-14 (GNT)
As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up and saw them—Egyptians! Coming at them! They were totally afraid. They cried out in terror to God. They told Moses, “Weren’t the cemeteries large enough in Egypt so that you had to take us out here in the wilderness to die? What have you done to us, taking us out of Egypt? Back in Egypt didn’t we tell you this would happen? Didn’t we tell you, ‘Leave us alone here in Egypt—we’re better off as slaves in Egypt than as corpses in the wilderness.’” Moses spoke to the people: “Don’t be afraid. Stand firm and watch God do his work of salvation for you today. Take a good look at the Egyptians today for you’re never going to see them again. God will fight the battle for you.”
Definition of Stuck: “unable to move from/ to be fixed in a particular position or place, or unable to change a situation…” https://dictionary.cambridge.org
As a child or manifestation of God, God’s life in you is always expanding. The adventure you experience is based on your freedom to choose. No matter the appearances in your life, have faith in God in you. Know that you don’t have to choose ‘stuck’ over ‘freedom.’
Moses led the People of Israel from a state of being stuck, restrained and enslaved. In this journey in consciousness, their circumstances changed when their desire to be free turned them to God. Like the Hebrew people, we too can be free from bondage experiences when we live in full awareness and acceptance of our divinity.
Major Points of the Lesson:
- Stuck is a mindset. While feelings and experiences of ‘stuck’ exist, they are not real or True. What is real is permanent, changeless and unchangeable.
- There is a remedy to being unstuck and a recipe for freedom:
- Realise that you are a spiritual being.
- Watch and base your every thought and feeling on Truth – using denials and affirmations
- I choose to release the Stuck mindset. Regardless of appearance, and with my gift of faith and enthusiasm, I step into the water, I reach out and touch the hem of the Christ garment and I take up my bed and walk.
Affirm: “There is always a way for me. I call it forth. Bravely, I follow what is shown to me. I am free, Right NOW!”