Wisdom for the Journey
From The Holy Bible:
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble. That is why we are not afraid even when the earth quakes or the mountains topple into the depths of the sea.”Psalm 46:1-2 (GW)
From You’ve Got to Be Hungry, by Les Brown
“Everything happens first in your mind and then in your reality. It is time for you to let go of the past…strip away your damaged sense of self and reprogram your mind…[and] tap into the truth of who you really are…You have greatness within you, but You’ve Got to Be HUNGRY [to express it].”Page 16-17
Proverbs 23:7 reminds us that as we think so it will be for us. When we hunger for peace of mind, it is up to us to choose thoughts of ‘peace’, no matter what! In doing so, we live out of our imagination and not out of the limitations of our past history.
Major Points of the Lesson:
1. Become aware of your mental programming. It is determining the response you bring to your life experiences. Be hungry enough to change whatever limits you in favor of what will bless you and others, too.
2. Philippians 4:8 reminds us to ‘think on’ the loveliness of God. Instead of choosing fear, think on these God qualities and begin now:
- Omnipresence – God is always present.
- Omniscience – ‘Think on’ the Truth of God, not the appearance.
- Omnipotence – God’s goodness abounds and you are invested with the authority to affirm it. Will you?
Read pages 14-17 in the text, You’ve Got to Be Hungry.