John 10:27 (NRSVUE)
‘My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.’
‘Traditionally, the forty week days of Lent, beginning with Ash Wednesday and ending the Saturday before Easter, have been devoted to frequent prayer and to fasting from an item of food or from some worldly pleasure.
‘Metaphysically, Lent is a season of unceasing prayer and of prolonged fasting from all forms of negativity in order to resurrect the Christ-consciousness within oneself.’ A Closer Walk With Jesus (UFBL)
We follow Jesus when we cease to act as though we are merely human and commit to a journey of self-discovery, uncovering the divinity within, so that we may live as the divine beings that God created us to be. In doing so, we become living demonstrations of Jesus’ words, ‘If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.’ John 15:7-8 (NRSVUE)
Major Points of the Lesson:
- The decision to walk with Jesus is a decision to surrender (let go of) your will for God’s will; to suspend your plans for God’s plan; and a willingness to be transformed in ways unimaginable.
- Walking with Jesus takes commitment followed by a disciplined approach to your spiritual growth and development. What discipline(s) will you adopt to stay on track and in step with the Master Teacher, Jesus the Christ?
- Holy Bible
- A Closer Walk With Jesus (UFBL)
- Daily Inspiration for Better Living (UFBL)
- 40 Days of Letting Go 2023 (Unity)
Today, I ____________________ (your name), make a commitment to give time each day of this season to my spiritual walk with Jesus.