Luke 17:20-21 (AMPC)
20 Asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He replied to them by saying, The kingdom of God does not come with signs to be observed or with visible display,
21 Nor will people say, Look! Here [it is]! or, See, [it is] there! For behold, the kingdom of God is within you [in your hearts] and among you [surrounding you].
On this 4th Sunday of Lent, Jesus is inviting us to live in the Kingdom of God consciousness and in doing so bring heaven on earth.
“Jesus…preached the Good News that the peace and purpose we seek is right in our midst…. It is not some place to go ‘in the sweet by and by,’ but something to become.” A Closer Walk With Jesus, pg. 105
Major Points of the Lesson:
- For Jesus, the Kingdom of God or Kingdom of Heaven:
- Is in the midst of us or at hand. See Matthew 4:17
- Is for everyone? — Read Luke 12:32 & The Parable of the Good Samaritan.
- Your entrance is assured through repentance, love, and forgiveness. Read John 3:1-5 and The Parable of the Prodigal Son.
- Jesus’ invitation inspires us to expand our ‘consciousness to the ultimate Truth of God’s presence…[that] cannot be contained in a place. Like the wind, Spirit is everywhere, evenly present, in all and through all.’ A Closer Walk With Jesus, pg. 112.
- By God’s grace, we turn away from appearances and trust in God in us, to establish heavenly conditions on the earth.
TASK: Write upon rising and at bedtime, ‘From the fullness of [God’s] grace, I am continuously blessed.’
ASSIGNMENT: Pages 105-126, A Closer Walk With Jesus (UFBL); 40 Days of Letting Go, Lent 2023, pgs. 41-47; Daily Inspiration (UFBL);