“For I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ, who gives me the strength and power.”Philippians 4:13 (TLB)
Possibility – ‘a thing that may happen or be true; the fact that something might happen or be true, but is not certain’ (oxfordlearnersdictionary.com)
God-Possibilities are plentiful and are available to each of us. They show us ‘what can happen’ or ‘what can be true’ even in negative situations.
When the mind is open to God’s possibilities, what experts say ‘can’t be done’ is done; and what seemed impossible becomes possible.
‘Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” Mark 10:27 (NIV)
Major Points of the Lesson:
- God’s possibilities are available to everyone. These possibilities:
- Increase our life possibilities, for they cause us to expect more from life than what is appearing;
- Draw opportunities to you that lift you above the average person;
- Energize you and cause you to persist until you succeed.
- What seemed impossible becomes possible when:
- You focus on what God is doing (God possibilities) rather than what others said could never happen (impossibilities).
- You trust God’s wisdom more than the knowledge of the experts.
- Realize that God’s possibilities are plentiful and can be found everywhere.
- Like Joseph: You dare to think and dream even 1 percent or one size bigger than you normally do.
‘The word impossible is not in my dictionary.’Napoleon Bonaparte
‘People with an it-can’t-be-done mindset have two choices. They can expect the worst and continually experience it; or they can change their thinking.’John Maxwell