“For everything, there is a season and a time for every matter under heaven:Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (NRSVUE)
a time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal;
a time to break down and a time to build up;
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance;
a time to throw away stones and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek and a time to lose;
a time to keep and a time to throw away;
a time to tear and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.”
We have flipped the script from hate to love, from merely surviving to thriving, from I can’t to I can and from regret to gratitude in full acceptance of God’s design for our lives.
Today we flip the script on RUSH remembering that there is a perfect time for everything and NOTHING happens because of time but because of consciousness.
Major Points of the Lesson:
- An attitude of Rush is a signal of fear, anxiety, loss and impatience that contributes NOTHING to the speed at which your desires are fulfilled. If anything, these attitudes hinder your progress.
- When conditions are right, a perfect outworking of the spiritual law is demonstrated. The condition of your mind, heart and intentions all matter.
- Examine the areas of your life where there is a ‘rush’ to accomplish.
- Complete this sentence: If I don’t achieve the goal by this date, then…
- What does your answer tell you about your reason for ‘rushing’?