Your Prayers Will Open Closed Doors
… Here are the words of the one who is holy and true. He has David’s key. No one will shut what he opens. And no one will open what he shuts.’ Revelation 3:7 (Worldwide English)
‘Pray, then let it go. Don’t try and manipulate or force the outcome. Just trust God to open the right doors at the right time.’ Anonymous
Dear Prosperity Partners and Friends,
As I write this edition of the Ponderings Newsletter, I am overjoyed at the prospects for this new year, 2022. I know in my heart that’s God’s promises are true. That is why we are beginning this year with powerful reminders about the POTENCY of PRAYER! On this 15th day of January, my question is ‘How is your prayer life?’
Equip yourself with the prayer tools necessary to inspire you to pray more than usual. Don’t forget to include yourself in your prayers.
Last Sunday, the sermon reminded us that when we are on a mission from God, closed doors must open. Nothing thwarts God’ plan for our lives. So many times, the temptation is to ‘give up’ or ‘quit’ when doors of opportunity are closed on our dreams, goals, and desires. We learned from Paul and Silas that challenging times can be the very times we lift our voices to God in prayer and our prayers, songs and hymns will ‘shake closed doors open’ and ‘turn seeming enemies into friends.’
We also learned 7 reasons that some doors are closed and not even our prayers should be invoked to open them:
- Some doors are closed because they don’t lead anywhere – Paulo Cohelo You may believe that going through that door will lead you to happiness, wealth, health, or some other good fortune. It will not. This door is too small for you. Don’t pray to open it.
- ‘Closed Doors. Rejection. They do not decide your fate. They simply re direct your course. You must keep moving because life’s detours can also be meaningful.’ Dodinsky (Healthy Place.come)
Sometimes, God provides us with additional experiences and knowledge that equips us to handle what is behind the closed door. When the experience or knowledge is gained, the door will open. You will not only be able to access your good but hold on to it. Be patient with yourself.
- ‘Sometimes the closed door is divine intervention to preserve your destiny.’ (Belinda Enoma)
God gives us all an assignment. A door of opportunity may close because your soul has ‘re-set’ and now your assignment has expanded beyond you, personally. It is now about something larger than you know. Be wise and prayerfully follow your heart.
- ‘Sometimes, life closes doors because it is time to move forward. And that’s a good thing because we often won’t move unless we are forced to.’ – Sameer Bin Raheem
We’ve all experienced ‘signs’ that signal us to move in another direction. A victim to our feelings of attachment, we refuse. When a door closes in our face, we have no choice but to ‘let go and Let God.’ In this instance, learn the lesson: Resist Not Change!
- ‘When God gives you a new beginning it starts with an ending. Be thankful for closed doors. They guide us to [open doors].’ – Unknown (quotespedia.org)
The normal life cycle is to ‘begin again’ once a cycle of your experience is complete. You’ve exhausted the cycle. There is nothing more there for you. Move forward quickly and prayerfully.
- ‘Some doors are closed because God knows you are worth so much more than what’s behind the door.’ Sheila McKeithen
How often have we fought for the ‘good’ behind or just beyond the closed door? When we finally get it, it turns to ‘nothingness.’ What it promised it cannot fulfil and who you thought you’d be once you attained it, fell flat. Forgive yourself. Get up. Prayerfully grow forward.
- ‘Some doors are meant to be closed and when you try to re-open them, you remember why they were closed in the first place.’
Some lessons we must learn are learned quickly. Some are learned slowly. When you remember why the door was closed, you will prayerfully walk away from it, knowing that whatever is behind it is not for you. With thanksgiving in your heart, you’ll say, ‘I am grateful.’
Let’s Pray: ‘God of My Soul, I give thanks that every door You have opened is still open and will never close. As Jesus said, ‘I Am the Door.’ The doors that You close are closed. I give thanks that every day in all ways, I discern the doors that You have opened for me, and I walk through them with grace and ease for I know that doors designed for me, automatically open to me! Thank You God! Amen.
In every situation, including the appearance of closed doors, we pray to ‘Let Go and Let God.’ Listen to this prayerfully as PJ Morton and the Walls Group sing. It starts at a slower pace, stay with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGWu8OYzjjY