Where Is Your Kingdom?
Scripture: ‘Seek first God’s kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well.’ Matthew 6:33 (NCV)
Affirm: God’s Kingdom is a blessing to me because it is within me.
Dear Prosperity Partners and Friends,
We have passed the mid-point of the 2023 Lenten Season. Last Sunday, March 19, 2023, Dr. Jean Beaumont, UC Truth Minister-In-Training, led our 4th Feast Day under the theme: The Kingdom of God is Within You. As we walked together in our spiritual environment, we concluded that it is up to us to LIVE in and enjoy the Kingdom of God every day. Rather than postpone the kingdom experience to a future date when we are deemed deserving or worthy of receiving it.
This quote from our main Lenten text, A Closer Walk With Jesus, pg. 105, reminds us that, “Jesus…preached the Good News that the peace and purpose we seek is right in our midst…. It is not some place to go ‘in the sweet by and by,’ but something to become.”
What are you becoming as you travel this season of Lent? Have you noticed any personal growth? What have you shed? What are you shedding, even now? This journey will not leave us as it found us. Surely, we will never be the same, as songwriter, Robert Mayes’, song lyric says.
Major Points of the lesson are:
- For Jesus, the Kingdom of God or Kingdom of Heaven:
- Is in the midst of us or at hand. See Matthew 4:17
- Is for everyone? — Read Luke 12:32 & The Parable of the Good Samaritan. c. Your entrance is assured through repentance, love, and forgiveness. Read John 3:1-5 and The Parable of the Prodigal Son.
Jesus’ Kingdom is here? Do you accept this? Jesus’ Kingdom is for one and all? This includes you. Like the Prodigal Son, we must shake the fog of ‘forgetfulness’ and ‘remember our spiritual heritage, spiritual nature and spiritual purpose.’ We are not destined to live separated from our good but united with our good.
- Jesus’ invitation inspires us to expand our ‘consciousness to the ultimate Truth of God’s presence…[that] cannot be contained in a place. Like the wind, Spirit is everywhere, evenly present, in all and through all.’ A Closer Walk With Jesus, pg. 112.
Wherever we are, God is! When God seems far away, remember that your own thoughts have strayed because God does not stray. God’s presence, God’s goodness, God’s all in all is always with us and will always be with us.
- By God’s grace, we turn away from appearances and trust in God in us, to establish heavenly conditions on the earth.
We are learning to trust God in the seeming good times and what appears as the ‘not so good times.’ In all things, God is our refuge and is always seeking to provide shelter during life’s storms.
TASK: Write upon rising and at bedtime, ‘From the fullness of [God’s] grace, I am continuously blessed.’
ASSIGNMENT: Pages 105-126, A Closer Walk With Jesus (UFBL); 40 Days of Letting Go, Lent 2023, pgs. 41-47; Daily Inspiration (UFBL);
God of Creation,
I live in You. I was created for You. I am endowed by You with all things necessary for a fruitful and meaningful life. I lack nothing. In the fullness of Your Kingdom, I exist. In every moment, I remember that this is so. And so it is. Amen